- Full-time position
JOY! Magazine is a publishing ministry whose mission is to inspire people to encounter God and make a difference in this world. We are looking for team members with the same passion and commitment to work with us.
The admin / sales assistant will support the sales director by providing excellent assistance in every area needed, being flexible, able to handle multiple things at a time, a logical thinker, detail oriented and highly organised. Must have the ability to define and fix problems, collect data, establish facts, and follow up with clients.
- Manage, coordinate, and follow up with courtesy sales calls to clients. Update daily on status of all prospects and clients being contacted.
- Make new appointments and manage director’s calendar and keep him on task with all appointments, meetings, etc.
- Take minutes of meetings and send to all parties timeously.
- Answer routine sales queries, emails etc. timeously on behalf of and when authorized by the sales director.
- Prepare, coordinate, and disseminate marketing eblasts for special events.
- Make lists of advertising prospects and book sales prospects and call them, email them, and follow up.
- Manage, file, and maintain correspondence, media items, personal and historical records, etc. for sales director.
- Maintain and update customer prospect database and existing database.
- Assist with shopping for client teas, lunches, birthdays, and special occasions and purchasing gifts for clients, authors, business associates, friends, family and corporate employee benefit programs.
- Prepare weekly agenda for staff meetings and attend meetings as directed.
- Must be attuned, believing and agreeing with JOY’s vision statement, culture and values.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Aptitude to present information to prospects, clients, management, and public groups.
- Working knowledge of the Christian market preferred.
- Must have character that is above reproach, be loyal and able to maintain strict confidentiality with all information you are privy to.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Matric and university degree desired but not required if experience requirements are met.
- Over 5 years’ experience as an admin / sales assistant
- Strong people and sales experience
- Work independently as well as with a team
- Bilingual in Afrikaans and English
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office.
- Able to navigate and research quickly and proficiently.
- Proficiency in quick calculations, office phones, smart phones, copiers, etc
On site from our offices located at 3A Pastorie Park, Reitz Street, Somerset West. Ideal candidate must have own car and drivers’ licence.
Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm. 90-day introductory / probation period. Occasional Sunday morning visitation to a church to represent JOY at a service, conference etc.
We offer a competitive salary plus commission on sales made. There are opportunities for growth in earnings and developing your sales and marketing talents, abilities, and skill levels.
The work environment is a normal office setting and a pleasant environment, which includes cordial relationships. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
If your resume is selected for consideration, you will be contacted by email and will be asked to complete a questionnaire followed by a short telephonic interview. If you are selected further, you will be invited for an in-person meeting at our offices for skills testing and an interview with our sales director.
JOIN OUR TEAM
If you share our *beliefs and values and want to be part of this exciting venture, we invite you to send your resume of training and experience.
*Beliefs and Values:
- We will honour God in all we do, embracing the Bible as our standard.
- We will be a unifying agent among denominations, racial, ethnic and cultural groups within the body of Christ.
- We will provide leadership by example on standards of integrity in business relationships and activities.
- We will provide our staff an opportunity for professional and personal growth, expecting them to be loyal to the company and diligent in their jobs.
- We will demonstrate a can-do attitude in our relationships with customers, authors, suppliers, and one another.